A Spiritual Journey

From the moment I first started on the rollercoaster of children's publishing, I had a need within me to write. This came from God, I know, and He has helped me through the ups and downs. I want to use this journal as a way for you to see God's hand through what I do. Whenever I'm feeling low or I'm not getting answers to my manuscripts, I will ask God to help me and He always does! I don't "use" him as a crystal ball or a Santa Claus, but He is my Helper, always there for me, always with me. I love Him!

I do have a recent example (although I could list hundreds, but I don't have time.) Last week, I felt anxious about my manuscripts. I'd been waiting on many things for over 9 months. I hadn't even heard from my publisher for a while since I'd submitted a new book. I also was supposed to get word about a science reader series very soon, but hadn't heard a peep. I felt forgotten as most authors do since we can't be at the publishing houses with the editors. I asked God for help in this and the next day I got an email from my editors about another book idea they want me to write! He never fails!

" 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' "

You just need to trust in Him. Read the book of John in the New Testament. It will change your life!

No comments: