Been Away...

Just came back from a truly wonderful vacation with my husband WITHOUT the kids! We went to the mountains in Angel Fire, NM. We (or I should say "I") "tried" to mountain bike UP the mountain--I guess there is a mountain biking championship there this coming weekend. I now know why I'm not a champion mountain biker. After about 2.5 miles, I had to quit. My muscles screamed at me, so I couldn't refuse them. Oh, and did you know that clip-on bike shoes are NOT good for hiking? It took another 2.5 miles of hiking to reach the top. I gave up, though, not knowing I'd already reached the top and could sail down some cool mountain trails on the other side of the mountain. Instead, I careened down a treacherous "bunny" slope--bunny for skiers does not equate to bunny for bikers. Um, I do have a LARGE scab on my left knee...heh...heh...

I'm sitting here not wanting to do all the chores around the house--mopping, laundry, putting away clothes, food, etc. I also have a picture book waiting to be written. When will I STOP procrastinating???

No comments: