I'm a Narrative Writer...

I found a writing quiz on one of my fellow authors' blogs: Alison Dellenbaugh

It's really freaky. This describes me! And I was very flummoxed by the quiz. It doesn't make much sense but it worked for me! HA! I'm not a poet and I write stories that are very structured. I also outline or go through the plot before I even start to write. I did start studying the classics by the age of ten and absolutely devoured Homer's Odyssey at age 12 (my 7th grade students groan at the thought now!) Yes, I was a geek!

And I do have to include poetry within my picture books, but there's a reason. It will either be a riddle, game, or spell. I don't do it for pure poetic sake. How could the quiz surmise this from the bizarre answers?

You are a narrative writer. Usually a writer of
stories rather than poetry, you grew up reading
Shakespeare's less popular and heard of
plays--like King Lear or the Henry series. Your
writing contains a certain order and
organization--be it chronological or otherwise.
If you are to write poetry, it has to convey a
logical (or perhaps unreal) story with some
sort of order behind it.


What's YOUR Writing Style?
brought to you by Quizilla

2 comments:

thatgirlygirl said...

Oooh, fun, Pam! I'm off to take the quiz, too. I'm enjoying your blog.

Pam Calvert said...

thatgirlygirl:

You'll have to let me know what kind of writer you are!

Pam :-)