It's Off!

Today, I wrote my cover for my new pb and then I plopped it in the mail WITHOUT the usual SASE. It felt good.

My crit partners are so wonderful. They help me with subtle word changes. Sometimes I feel bad about this, but hey, I do the same for them, so I guess we're even.

I'm reading MY SISTER'S KEEPER. I'm enjoying it and it's making me want to go back and change the whole structure of my novel. I hate it when I do that to myself. I'm almost to the climax of this book I've been writing for the past four years and now, I want to write it all over again. UGH! But I'll try to swallow down those inadequate feelings and get the thing done. I've promised myself to have an afternoon novel fest tomorrow.

I took a break today from writing. Since my hubby is out of town, I did a really housewifey thing--I watched a chick flick and folded the laundry while my kids were at their friends'. The only thing missing were hair rollers and bon bons...sigh...but I did eat some chips and hot sauce! I had a little heartburn while working out this evening. Tee hee! Maybe bon bons would have been better.

4 comments:

Chris Barton said...

Congratulations! I'm all for ditching SASEs...

Anne Marie said...

Hey Pammy! I love reading your blog and seeing what you're up to every day!

Pam Calvert said...

Hi, AM!

Do you have a blog?

Thanks, Chris...it felt wonderful to ditch that crummy thing...heh...heh...

Anne Marie said...

I do.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/annemariepace

Stop by some time!

I have been posting very infrequently in the last few weeks because summertime is so hectic.