Computer down...

My crummy DSL box is broken, so it's been freezing up. I feel like I'm living back on Guam. We've had power outages almost every day! Luckily, they don't last for more than a few hours. (On Guam, they'd last a few days. HA!) But then you'd get to go to the beach and snorkel the time away...ah...I miss it...

I'm hoping to write tomorrow. I wanted to today, but didn't get the computer up until tonight and I write during the morning or afternoon. Night time is for goofing off. HA! I know...a lame excuse. I used to write at night when I had magazine deadlines. But there are no deadlines now. Only me, myself, and my muse.

I was watching a Dick Van Dyke episode--Rob Petrie was writing his book, but he found a million other things to do instead of writing. I always thought that I would get more accomplished without the lure of the internet, but obviously, writers in the '60's dealt with procrastination, too...

We are hopeless!

4 comments:

McSwain said...

Cruisin' writers' blogs, and found the same Scripture in your first post as I included in my profile. Enjoyed the coincidence, so I just had to give you a "hello". ;) Will look for your books.

George Bailey said...

Oh yes, Jeremiah 29:11 is one of my favs too. It helps to know during hard times, that there is a sense of purpose to your life. That good things are waiting for you.

Pam Calvert said...

Praise God! Isn't He awesome?

George Bailey said...

Oh yeah!