Starting work...

Today I started work as a writing teacher at a private school. I wish my writing would pay for me to stay home but I think that's a few years away. I do believe one day I'll be able to write full time! But children's lit doesn't pay enough (I have to have a TON of books published to make a viable income)...sigh...

I received a nice rejection today--it was from Usborne. They liked my writing and want to keep it on file for future books but they chose other writers for the two books I tried out for--ah well...

I also need to fill out my promotional stuff for my upcoming book! And I've got some sleuthing to do for other marketing avenues. If only I had more time!

My Disney trip was WONDERFUL!! What a treat. Everyone with kids should save their money and go. Disney puts so much money into each attraction (especially the new ones)--they go over and above anything imaginable. What fun! I'll try to post some pics once I get them on the computer.

1 comment:

Anne Marie said...

Good luck with the school year. The one thing I miss about teaching is my writing class.