What kids say...

I've been working like a madwoman on all this press release info. Today, I spent all day getting together my school visit brochure, all my news clips, and publicity photos. My desk looks like it was shelled with a "Pam" bomb. My little girl came in to see what I was doing and she said, "You must love yourself, Mom." Now, if my 13 year old would have said that, I would have grounded her, but it was my innocent, sweet 4 year old who is too astute for my own good. UGH!

I wanted to shout, "NO! I don't love myself, but this is a part of an author's duty." It's embarrassing--especially when my little girl thinks I'm a narcissist!!! ICK!

Well, it will be over soon and I can get back to normal. I should be done with all of it today. Whew!

2 comments:

McSwain said...

A little narcissm never hurt anyone. :) Seriously, if you're gonna love your neighbor as yourself, you have to start somewhere. Good luck with the press release. And God bless our chilren for providing comic relief when life is pressuring us!

Pam Calvert said...

Tee hee! Thanks, Cheryl. :-) I never thought about it that way.

Yes, God bless all our chlidren! I love the things they come up with.