Hurricane Rita...

Thanks goes to Chris Barton for suggesting I use Haloscan for comments. I was getting tons of blogspam. Since I'm using a different system, it wiped out all earlier comments. Sorry about that!

I'm very sad that we're about to undergo another hurricane. It's now affecting my life as well (although, in a mediocre way in comparison to the poor people of New Orleans and Mississippi.) I was going to attend the SCBWI conference in Dallas this weekend, but it looks as if Hurricane Rita will turn into a tropical storm by Sunday and hit Dallas dead center with winds of up to 75 miles per hour. I wouldn't be able to make it home until Monday and even that would be iffy. I'm very sad about this since I paid for the conference and it ranks up there with the best I've attended. But winds could change, so I won't lose total hope. My poor brother and his family had to vacate their home in Houston. When will the hurricanes stop? Sigh...

No comments: