The Big 4-0

It's been a bittersweet day.

I did okay in the triathlon this morning but because I'm now in the master's division...

I WON! (Well, in the master's division that is...heh...)

And my sweet new neighbors gave me a surprise birthday party complete with a HOMEMADE cake with *gasp* 40 candles on it. It took forever to blow the durn things out. AND the doorbell rang, showering me with a dozen roses (from sweet hubby) AND my wonderful kids treated me to breakfast (they had made) when I'd shuffled home from the race. Sigh...it's been a great birthday. Too bad I'M FORTY! Wah...

I don't know if any of you are forty (all of you seem like sweet young 20-somethings) but it's kind of depressing. I don't quite understand it, but everyone's been really great about making me feel special so I won't grumble about it anymore. :-D

2 comments:

Roz said...

I'm on my way. I know I won't be very fun to be around. Thirty was tough enough.

Pam Calvert said...

I know!!!! 40's worse, but I'm over it. :-D