More Conversations with an 8 Year Old

So, I was following my daily regimen of dabbing lotion on my face. Ahem...well, it was a particular KIND of ointment:

My 8 year old daughter walks in and eyes my activity. Then says abruptly, "That's to get rid of your wrinkles, right?"

I look rather sheepisly at my botox-in-a-bottle and say, "Uh...yeah..."

She shakes her head and says, "Too bad they lie to you like that." She throws her hands up in the air. "They just LIE!" Then she turns on her heels and leaves me with my lie-in-a-bottle.


Sigh...

Tee hee!

11 comments:

Kristin said...

Hi, Pam! Thanks for the follow! I have an 8 year old, too. Hilarious.

Pam Calvert said...

I love this age...great material for future books!

ElanaJ said...

This is hilarious! And she's probably right. Le sigh.

Tess said...

hello *looking around*. Came over here from Cynthia Chapman Willis' blog. What a great post! I also have an 8 year old daughter -- they crack me up at that age :D

Danni said...

I love your blog! It's so beautiful. :)

Danni said...

Gotta love kids, they got no problem speaking their minds lol.

Eli said...

That is HILARIOUS. Your daughter is brilliant. x)

Lazy Writer said...

That's so funny! At least it was your 8-year-old, and not your mother-in-law to inform you. I've got the lie in the bottle, too. As well as the lie in the box of hair color, and so on, and so on!

bodoba said...

Lol what smart girl! Thanks for sharing the funny!

Pam Calvert said...

It was sort of like The Emperor's New Clothes...and I wasn't wearing ANY!!!

Shelli said...

this is hilarious - kids!