What a Beautiful Princess!





I opened my email today to find this lovely lady! And one of her favorite books. ;-D Isn't she cute? She's the daughter of my very talented blog designer.
I'll be adding her beautiful picture to Princess Peepers' Glamour Gallery!


Looking at this little princess reminded me of when I was about her age. I used to wear glasses that looked almost exactly like those. I remember my mother clipping on a black eye patch and I was always trying to see around it. Since I'd get teased so much, I gave up wearing it. My bad eye isn't correctable now and I only truly see out of my left eye. I guess I had amblyopia. There's a blog about this disorder with many pics of the beautiful children and their amazing patches! Long gone are the days of the black plastic clip on patches!


If your child is struggling with "lazy eye"and their patch, you can get many ideas on how to cope. Just pop on over to Adventures in Amblyopia.
If you have a picture of your child with their patch, I'd love to add them to the Peepers Glamour Gallery. All are welcome!

6 comments:

Shady Grove Eye Vision Care said...

Vision therapy exercises the eyes and helps both eyes work as a team. Vision therapy for someone with amblyopia forces the brain to use the amblyopic eye, thus restoring vision.

Jennifer Hudson Taylor said...

She's precious! Congrats on the book.

Pam Calvert said...

Thanks, Jennifer!

Pam :-)

Corey Schwartz said...

Hi Pam,
Thanks for the follow! Princess Peepers sounds great! I am going to Amazon to check it out now.

Pam Calvert said...

Hi, Corey!

I love to find other picture book blogs. There doesn't seem to be enough of them!!!

hellokittiemama said...

Thanks for the link to my amblyopia blog Pam :)

Your book has been such a help for daughter and kids like her!

:)