My Beautiful MIL

Over the Labor Day holiday, my family and I flew to the Hill country in Texas to meet up with my hubby's family at a fun dude ranch resort. My mother-in-law received news this summer that she has CUP--cancer of unknown primary and it's hit her very hard and quickly. She wanted us to surround her with love as she goes through...well, how should I describe it...all I can call it is hell. Chemo has taken a very strong woman and turned her into a tiny weak kitten. But she kept up with all of us remarkably well--even staying up until 11:45 at night playing Apples to Apples.



I've been very blessed to have her as my mother-in-law. Her sharing with me and treating me as a friend when I was dating her son gave us a great start for our relationship throughout my 20 year marriage. She also was the one to invite me to her Bible study group where I felt Jesus wrap His arms around me in nonjudgemental love and I accepted Him.


I owe her my wonderful life.






And so it's been hard to think that her life may be taken away ubruptly. She's only 67.








I'm holding out for a miracle.

2 comments:

KatherineR said...

Sending prayers your way. I'm blessed with a fabulous MIL myself.

Pam Calvert said...

Thanks, K!!! We're lucky...not everyone has a great MIL. :-D