A Sorrowful Day...

With woeful regret I report to you that my mother-in-law passed to be with God today. As I posted earlier, she was much beloved by all her family, including her two daughters-in-law and son-in-law. She really had been doing so well and yesterday was her best yet. She was breathing very well and was so strong, visiting with friends. But this morning, she fainted and never recovered. After she was admitted to the hospital, she was gone. I know she didn't like going to the hospital. God was being gracious to her. She was peaceful.

We shared something together that was very special. She loved to write! Here is a poem that I think she would love for me to share. She wrote it in 1993--the year my sixteen year old daughter was born.


I am human
I want to transcend
And yet that is not me
I transcend the flesh with power from on high
A power which eludes me unless I am bonded with this force
Each moment, each day, each year
Jesus cries out--latch on, give up
I will carry you--your thoughts--your desires can be mine
Desert the earthly, come up high with me
Move about below, but live on high with me


She is living on high with Him and she showed me this whenever I was around her.



Live on high, Kay. Live on high!

3 comments:

Danette said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Her poem was simply beautiful.

azang said...

My condolences to you and your family. I'm sorry for your loss, may you find comfort and strength in each other.
Angela

tweezle said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.