Fans...for all my books! Wee!!!

Today was a great mail day. After the events of the past week, I really needed some cheering up and that happened with a 10 x 13 manila envelope! In it was a whole class full of letters, each saying which of my books were their favorites. I've never had this happen before. Usually, I get letters about my latest book, but this class read all of my books at once and then chose. Way cool!






Which book won their heart? Well, since I LOVE statistics, this is how it played out:



Okay...to be FAIR, there were 13 boys and 7 girls...and you KNOW that little boys are NEVER going to say they love Princess Peepers (I mean, with all that glitter and pink? No...not gonna happen.) So, really there isn't a clear winner because each of my books appeal to a different sex. And that was so true in the voting!

That said, this is how it played out amongst the gender differences:


Multiplying Menace came in as the ClEAR winner among the boys. Ten votes! They seemed to like the multiplication, the king getting his nose multiplied, and Rumpelstiltskin getting his in the end. There was one little boy who really liked the Rumpelstiltskin! HA!





Mystery at the Ballpark got three votes--all boys. Most of them loved the humor, that it was a mystery, and yes, because they love baseball!











Princess Peepers was the CLEAR favorite among the girls. It got 6 out of 7 votes! They all loved the happy ending, the humor, and it had a princess in it who wore "glasses that matched her dress" in the end. That's what it's all about, people!


Multiplying Menace got one vote among the girls. This girl touched me because I loved how artistic she was. Here's a picture of her letter--don't you dig the six noses? I also really liked her fancy script.

Yay for kids who love books (and those teachers who encourage them)! They really warm my heart.

3 comments:

KatherineR said...

Cool!

Was this a school where you did a presentation?

tweezle said...

I don't think there is a greater feeling... knowing that all your hard work is appreciated. What a wonderful thing to receive!

Pam Calvert said...

Katherine--no...I normally don't read all my books for a presentation. The teacher read them all at once to them. That's why this is unique! Love it!