Another Conversation with an 8 Year old

So, my daughter was making Valentine's Day cards and she was thinking of things to say to her friends. She scribbled the usual sayings like she drew a skunk and wrote, "I stink you're sweet." Or she wrote, "You rock!" with lots of funny smilies. But then she wrote to a boy she particularly liked, "I love your mustache!"

When I saw it, I started cracking up.
She looked up at me and said, "You can use that one, you know. It's original."

"Original?"

"Yeah, you know, for your books." Then she went back to creating her works of art.


Eeps!

I guess I have the bad habit of laughing at her quips and saying I'm going to use that one only to find out she's lifted it from t.v. or another book. SO, I get to use that one! I'm so glad she's now trained and has my back. Plagiarism is a serious crime. But quoting an 8 year old daughter is not. Thank goodness!

5 comments:

Kendrabelle Logan said...

That's so cute! Wow :)

I used to tell the little kids at church that I babysit that I was going write them into this story or that story. They used to ask similar questions as your daughter: grinning, "Is that gonna go in your book some day?" So cute!

~Kendra

Hannah said...

Ohmiword! Hahaha...that is SO cute! What a sweetie! :)

Love & Blessings,
--Hannah

Mary Campbell said...

So adorable, but who does an 8yo have a crush on with a mustache. I plagiarize my kids all the time.

Southern Princess said...

That is adorable...

She is precious! I am with Mary...a mustache??

Pam Calvert said...

I'm thinking it was a milk mustache...tee hee!