Cupcakes!

Summer is winding down and as I'll be out of town (SCBWI LA!) and then it's family vacation, I decided to do something fun with my little girl while the big kids and dad were gone (camp and work). :-)

I bought a fun magazine with some amazing recipes entitled, Taste of Home FUN FOOD. You can access some similar recipes here: Kid Friendly recipes.

We decided to do the cute cupcakes on the cover. :-)

So here was our process!



First, we took a box cake mix and whipped up the ingredients. My daughter carefully poured the mixture into baking cups.



Next, we put them in the oven according to pkg directions!

Don't forget hot pads!

Now we waited until they were done!







Once they cooled, the fun began! We frosted!


(The lighting was very strange...sorry about that!)
Then we used Nutter Butter cookies for the monkey ears by cutting them in half. (I think a few didn't make it onto the cupcakes. Mmmmm...)
Next, we cut Nilla Wafers for the mouth!


Using M n' M eyes and gel sparkle frosting for the goofy features, my daughter used her creative talents for an assortment of faces. She's modeling one here!

And so...the finished products!

We had a lot of fun (as you can see,) but the most fun was devouring, um sampling them and sharing!

If you know anything about me, you know I love cupcakes. Here's another blog post where we make Princess Peepers cupcakes.

HAVE FUN!


No comments: