Another cute-ism from a school visit!

I just got back from another week of visits. :-) Kids are the BEST!

And to go along with the holidays, I thought I'd share this cute-ism. When I start my program, I always ask kids what they want to be when they grow up. This varies from grade to grade, but the kindergarten and 1st grades are always funny. Usually, what one says, all the rest will mimic. "I want to be a firefighter!" And then I'll get ten more firefighters.

This time, one kid said, "I want to be one of those people who stand outside and ring the bell."

I said, "You mean, like the Salvation Army people for Christmas?"

His face brightened and he pointed at me. "Yes!"

And then I got a bunch of kids wanting to be bell ringers when they grow up. CUTE!

3 comments:

Lenka said...

So sweet! I hope more of us can value the 'job' of helping others :).

Happy holidays!
Lenka

Pam Calvert said...

I know. Kids are the sweetest!

Ruth said...

Love this! Kids are awesome.