Woven With Pixie Dust is getting a new look!

Win a free picture book critique!
Oh, about two years ago, I made a New Year's resolution to revamp my blog. Two years came and went and then the spiderwebs and dust accumulated around here and well...

Yeah. My blog is in desperate need of a spring cleaning.

SOOO...I've hired Designer Blogs to redo the look. That will be coming in June.

Along with this new look, there will be new material aimed at picture book writers. If you are an aspiring picture book writer, I will be giving away five free picture book critiques. All you will have to do is sign your name at the bottom of this post, and I'll put your name in a drawing. Once you receive the critique, I'll just ask you to link my blog when the new design is finished. That's it!

My new blog will have picture book tips and tricks, interviews of picture book authors, and a few random insider secrets about school visits, marketing, etc. I'm also hearing about new opportunities for writers in the app world and let me tell you, it's exciting!

I will also list agents who represent picture book authors. This list is very tiny, but I will be posting on how a picture book writer can snag an agent and what it takes to do this seemingly impossible task.

PLEASE NOTE: This contest is over. To view the winners, click here: Picture Book Critique Giveaway!




29 comments:

Liz Jones said...

Sign me up! :D

J. said...

I already PMed you on the BBds, but your blog looks lovely, can't wait to see the new one then.

Pam Calvert said...

Gotcha, girlies! <3

Thank you!!! :-)

Tina Cho said...

I'd love a pb critique, too! Can't wait to see your new blog look.

Lori Mortensen said...

I'm with Meg! (I'll take all five!) Love your books and looking forward to seeing your newly designed website.

KMR said...

Neat! Can't wait to see it!

Niki Schoenfeldt said...

Count me in please!

Deb Marshall said...

Oh my gosh, Pam! Thanks for this.

p.s. I so hear you on the doing the whole redesign and the years a passing by.

Christina VanGinkel said...

Would be honored... Thanks for the possibility!

Ruth Schiffmann said...

A PB critique sounds amazing! Count me in.
Can't wait to see the new blog =)

LeslieG said...

Congrats on the new blog, and count me in!

Melissa Payne said...

A free pb critique- what a treat. Please count me in!

Catherine Bailey said...

Ooooooo! A triple treat - I get to connect with a fellow BBer, see a beautiful website, and maybe win a critique. Thank you!

Catherine Bailey

Cindyb said...

Put my name in the pot- how nice of you to do this when you're busy redesigning a blog!

Andrea Odle said...

Thank you for the chance to win a picture book critique. I'm in!

Donna J. Shepherd, Author of Ava s Secret Tea Party said...

VERY pretty!

Lori Alexander said...

Yay, Pam! You are a wealth of information. Looking forward to the new site!

Linda Bozzo said...

Count me in. Can't wait to see the new blog.

Carrie Finison said...

This is so kind, Pam. I'd love a critique. Thank you for offering this, and I can't wait to see the new look!

KatieC said...

Sign me up, too!

Margaret G. said...

Sign me up -- I'd love a pb critique from you!

Thank you!

Lois said...

Congratulations, Pam! Please put my name in the bowl--I have a manuscript in need of a critique!

mindyalyse said...

Your current blog looks wonderful, I can't even imagine how the new blog will top it. I can't wait to see. :)

Thanks so much for having this giveaway. Your critiques are awesome, and I'd love to be included!

Carolyn Carmody said...

Hi Pam. Would love to have a critique. Please count me in!

Anonymous said...

Hello Pam,

I'd love to have a critique by you! Pelase count me in!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to have a critique as well :-) Keeping my fingers crossed :-)
marchalsabrina@hotmail.com

Andrea Mack said...

Your new website sounds like it will be a great resource for picture book writers! I'll be back! Thanks also for the critique contest.

Safiyyah said...

Website looks great!
PB critique is a great giveaway!

Johnny and Ashley said...

I would love a critique! And I am excited for your new blog. My daughter and I love your Princess Peepers books.